Men Wearing Panties: Is It REALLY about the sensation?

A number of things have lead me towards this post, there have been some great comments on the articles, and I've also been looking at some of the products out there designed for the male lingerie market, such as the 'Manties' mentioned below.

In a recent poll, many men claimed that it was the feeling of lingerie that they enjoyed, the silky smoothness, the satiny caress. Fair enough, and well and good, but if that were the whole case, then why not just wear satin boxers? There are plenty of traditionally masculine styled underwear products out there for men if they want the feeling of lingerie without the appearance of femininity, but still, the gross proportion of men who wear lingerie, prefer to wear lingerie either made for women, or lingerie that has a very feminine appearance.

So chaps, is it really about the sensation? Or is there also a thrill in the femininity of lingerie. Does it feel naughty to be a little girly from time to time? Of course at the end of the day, these are your naughty little secrets to keep.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's definitely the femininity factor as well as the silky feeling. After all, probably 9 out of 10 guys who wear panties (including myself) prefer pink. Why would that be if it were just a matter of the feel of the fabric? I guess I can only speak for myself, but there's a certain je ne sais quois about wearing something delicate and feminine. I think it activates something that's already there in our psyche but that societal expectations force us to keep under wraps. It's a way of letting go and relieving the tension that comes with having to maintain a purely masculine persona. It's a way of saying, at least to ourselves, "I'm delicate and vulnerable too, I can't always be dominant and in control."

Besides all that, some of us just like pretty things!

Anonymous said...

I've been wearing women's underwear for a long time, over 15 years,and it's a combination of both factors for me. There's a lot to be said for being in touch with your "feminine" side!!! I am comfortable and secure in my sexuality, and wearing women's bras and panties does not contradict my beliefs of who I am.